Basically, the best baby wipes will help you clean up your little one’s bottom when you need to change her diapers, but that is not all. If you find very good wipes, you can use them for other cleaning purposes. It is an undeniable fact that you need this product in your life especially if you have a little one whose diapers must be changed from time to time.
Here is a quick question for you as a parent with a young child. How often do babies poop in a day? It depends, but in most cases, you have to deal with at least four to twelve soiled diapers per day. This is how often you need to change them and how often you will need any of the best baby wipes you can find. Baby products like this are considered essential, and you have to be especially cautious when purchasing them to make sure you get the most suitable wipes for you and your little one.
Wipes can easily come in handy when you need a quick wipe. For instance, you can use a wipe or two to clean your hands right after pumping gas or to clean up a spill in the kitchen. You can easily clean out your keyboard, remove a makeup stain, or just cool and soothe your skin.
In this post, we will discuss what we have discovered about these products while researching them. This includes what they are, why you need them, shopping guides, and the top five wipes. We will be reviewing them based on their quality, effectiveness, cost, ingredients, recommendations, eco-friendliness, and so on. Great baby wipes and maybe a baby wipe warmer can make a world of difference to you and your little one.
How Did We Pick the Best Baby Wipes?
The main aim of our articles is to make the buying process for our readers as simple, comfortable and effective as possible.
Every review we create is the result of an intricate study of the market, and customer feedback analysis. You’ll always get an honest final verdict. Only after endless hours of research, and once we’re satisfied that we’ve found the best products, do we then add them to our review list for your consideration.
We hope that you enjoy your purchase. If you found this article useful — please share it with your friends. Follow us on social media to stay up to date with more of the best online product reviews.
Why It is Better?
- Why Do You Need Baby Wipes?
- How to Pick the Right Baby Wipes
- Top 5 Best Baby Wipes
- 1. Pampers Baby Wipes Sensitive Perfume Free 8X Refill Packs
- 2. Huggies Natural Care Sensitive Baby Wipes
- 3. Pampers Aqua Pure Sensitive Water Baby Diaper Wipes
- 4. WaterWipes Unscented Baby Wipes
- 5. Huggies Simply Clean Unscented Baby Wipes
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why Do You Need Baby Wipes?
With a proper wipe, you can wipe your baby’s butt after a poop session or when she needs a change. These wipes are made of disposable cloth materials saturated in a gentle-cleansing water-based solution. They also contain mild detergents, fragrance, preservatives, and moisturizing agents, which are all gentle, safe for babies, and effective enough to get the work done.
Aside from being effective, these natural baby wipes do not have harsh chemicals in them, making them totally safe for babies. The butt is one of the most common areas of a baby’s body to easily become irritated. Using harsh wipes can cause them to develop some negative reactions like itching, blisters, and rashes. The cleanser should be gentle enough not to trigger any of these reactions but effective enough to get the job done properly.
Convenience is one of the things that is most appealing to parents or baby caregivers. Taking care of children requires so much responsibility, so if you can find a product that makes it easier to change your little one’s diapers without so much stress, then you are more than welcome to use it. You simply need to take a wipe or two from the pack, clean up your baby, and dispose of it as soon as you are done.
It is disposable and as such is more sanitary. Imagine if you do not have the time to wash a reusable wipe right away after using it. You might throw it in any of your baby laundry hampers until it is time to wash it, but it may be more disgusting to handle by this time. After washing it, you still have to get it ready for another use, which is a meticulous and rigorous process because it is meant to be used on the delicate skin of a baby. With the disposable ones, you do not have to bother with washing it and getting it ready for another use. You use it only one time, and that is it.
Another unconventional reason why you should invest in any of the best wipes for babies is that you can use them in other ways. You can use them to remove your makeup or a stain on clothing. They can be a substitute for toilet paper or tame flyaway hair and so on. You can also use wipes as a quick fix for cleaning like to wipe off the dust from a surface, clean your kid’s plastic toys, and even remove grease from frying pans.
How to Pick the Right Baby Wipes
In your head, there is nothing stressful about walking into a store and getting baby lotion or wipes for your little one, but this would only be the case if you already have a particular brand in mind before walking into the store. Even at that, you may be tempted to try other brands to see if they could be better in some way. With so many choices available, it is in your best interest to have completed your research prior to shopping. Here are some of the things you need to keep in mind to help you make an informed decision.
- Brands: When a product is so great, it attracts a lot of attention. This is why we advise people to start by looking at brands that are popular. That notwithstanding, you may want to keep an open mind. A popular brand does not always mean effectiveness and affordability. While you are looking at these big brands, do not dismiss the not-as-popular ones; you might just be surprised at how much value they can offer at a dirt-cheap rate.
- Ingredients: The best wipes for babies usually have gentle and effective ingredients in them. Sometimes, they may not even have as many ingredients as you would expect, and that is still okay. The focus is to make sure the additives used in the products are safe for little ones and effective enough to get the job done. Some companies will throw their moral compasses away and use harsh hidden ingredients in their products. Generally, the toxic ingredients you should avoid include bronopol, DMDM hydantoin, parabens, fragrance, PEGs (polyethylene glycols), phthalates, and phenoxyethanol.
- Safety: It has been confirmed that a good number of additives used in the production of certain mosquito repellents for babies, wipes, and other baby products are safe, but it is understandable if you do not want to use such products. To guarantee the safety of your little one, you may want to go for wipes that are made from pure organic ingredients. They may be a little more expensive than the regular ones, but at least, you are sure you are getting something that is completely safe to be used on your baby’s skin.
- Thickness: The best baby wipes are considerably thick enough to work without folding and getting your hands dirty. No parent or child caregiver wants that. It does not matter if your baby was born ten hours ago or ten months ago, thicker is always better and more effective.
- Container type: Does the type of container holding the wipes really matter? Well, yes, it does. Let us mention again that anything that brings a little convenience to the table with regards to taking care of a baby is always welcomed. On that note, we recommend getting the ones in a jar or the ones in a box that dispenses one piece at a time.
- Price: You do not need to spend too much to get safe and effective wipes for your baby. There are a lot of brands out there that are quite affordable and good enough too. Just make sure you read through the ingredients to be certain they are suitable enough for your little one and that the wipes generally check most of the boxes on your buying guide checklist.
- Quantity: These wipes come in different packaging and quantities. You definitely want to get as many wipes as possible in one pack for the best price possible. You can do this by dividing the cost of the pack by the number of wipes in it to determine how much value you are getting in comparison to other brands with different quantities.
- Alcohol-free wipes: Children are tender and so is their skin. Using products with alcohol on their skin will most likely result in some scary side effects like dizziness, stomach pain, nausea, low body temperature, slurred speech, low blood pressure, rapid heart rate, and so on. It is best to avoid wipes that may have alcohol in them.
Top 5 Best Baby Wipes
After completing our research, we selected some products based on our informed knowledge about baby wipes. We considered the factors we have mentioned so far, professional advice, as well as recommendations from parents and child caregivers. Here are the top five products we selected.
1. Pampers Baby Wipes Sensitive Perfume Free 8X Refill Packs Review
For sensetive skin
We Don’t Like
Pampers is a household brand; you may already know that. They have a lot of great baby products on the market including their Pampers Sensitive Water-Based Baby Diaper Wipes. To a lot of parents and child caregivers, it is the best on the market so far for a number of reasons. First of all, it is made of safe ingredients and is completely water based. This means it is safe to be used on babies as young as newborns.
This is one product you can go to if you are looking for something that will not chafe your baby’s skin or cause her to develop allergies. This product has a pH level that is close to the natural pH of babies’ skin, making it effective in restoring the natural health of your baby’s skin after being exposed to full diapers. Another interesting feature of this product is that it is noticeably thicker than most of the others on the market. So, it is quite effective for cleaning up a big mess, and it is economical as well.
2. Huggies Natural Care Sensitive Baby Wipes Review
For sensetive skin
We Don’t Like
There is a sense of satisfaction you get when you have a product that is safe, convenient, and budget-friendly; this is the feeling you will get from using this product. Huggies is another household name when it comes to baby products. They make baby shampoo, oils, lotion, wipes, and a lot of other baby products. This product is formulated with natural ingredients including aloe and vitamin E, which are very effective in improving the health of the skin by maintaining its natural pH balance.
These wipes are free of harmful chemicals, and as such, you do not have to worry about your baby getting rashes or allergic reactions. They are gentle on the skin and are still quite effective in doing a good job of cleaning your baby’s skin. They do not contain any fragrance as well. You can save some money by getting the refillable pouches when you run out. You have to keep in mind that the refillable pouches do not have a sealing option, so you have to save the original packaging.
3. Pampers Aqua Pure Sensitive Water Baby Diaper Wipes Review
For sensetive skin
We Don’t Like
Pampers makes it on our list again as number three of the best natural baby wipes on the market. Yes, Pampers has a line of different wipes and other baby products with unique characteristics that may appeal to you depending on what you are looking for. For this particular product, it is quite effective and popular with parents who are very concerned about their children’s safety. There have been amazing reviews of how it worked perfectly well for babies that are prone to skin sensitivity.
It has a ninety-nine percent pure water-based formula that is dermatologically tested and proven to be effective in improving the health of the skin given its pH level. It is mildly scented and made with premium-quality cotton material that can effectively clean so much at a time. It is available in three different sizes with different wipe counts and is free of harsh additives. You can use it for your newborns as well because it is water based and does not contain any harsh additives.
4. WaterWipes Unscented Baby Wipes Review
For sensetive skin
We Don’t Like
This product has been recognized on several occasions by prestigious bodies including by the National Eczema Association of America with a seal of acceptance to show for it. So, if your baby suffers from skin sensitivity that may result from skin issues like eczema, then this product may be your saving grace. It is made with just two ingredients, 99.9% pure water and 0.1% fruit extract, so you are right if you refer to it as a natural product.
The wipes are made from viscose and polyester, which both form a material that is firm enough to clean up a whole lot of mess at a time but also soft to the skin. Since it has just two natural-based ingredients, this product is vegan and eco-friendly. It can also be used by adults who may be suffering from skin sensitivity.
5. Huggies Simply Clean Unscented Baby Wipes Review
For sensetive skin
We Don’t Like
This product is available in two different sizes. These are the nine flip-top pack and the eleven flip-top pack. The eleven flip-top pack contains 704 wipes, while the nine flip-top pack comes with 576 wipes. It comes in a box pack and is made with ninety-nine percent triple-filtered water and safe extracts with a pH balance that is close to that of the natural skin of a baby.
You can decide to choose between the mild-scented option and the fragrance-free option. It is always best to go for the one that is fragrance-free, but if your baby does not react to mild perfumes, it would not be a bad idea to use the scented ones. It contains aloe vera extract, which helps to improve the health of the skin. It is also free of harsh chemicals, making it suitable for newborns and older babies alike. The packaging is great, and it can be described as convenient and practical. It is easy to remove one wipe at a time whenever you need one.
Frequently Asked Questions
So far, we have provided you with the basic information you need to make the best choice of wipes for your little one. You can also apply some of the tips here when you have to purchase additional baby products like a baby security blanket, baby laundry detergent, baby mosquito net, and other baby products. Despite all that has been said, we understand that you may still have some questions about baby wipes, so we selected some of the most frequently asked questions and will answer them in the most comprehensive manner possible.
Yes, a quality baby wipe can kill germs by sanitizing the skin with the help of the gentle ingredients in it. Most of the best baby wipes out there have water-based solutions, but water alone may not dislodge the germs on the skin. This is why it contains a mild detergent to facilitate rubbing and friction to dislodge germs from the skin.
Wipes are not specifically meant for cleaning the face, but in between diapers, they can also be used to wipe the face or other parts of the body both for a baby or an adult. It is hygienic and clean, so you do not have to worry about certain adverse effects. However, it is important to check the list of ingredients to make sure it does not contain ingredients that may not be suitable for the face. Note that you cannot use a wipe on your face if the package label warns against it.
The best way of disposing of wipes of all types is to throw them in the trash. It does not matter if they are biodegradable or not. Throwing them in the trash is healthier and saves time and money in the long run. A lot of parents prefer to flush wipes down the toilet, but this is very risky because it may clog your toilet, causing you to spend some time and money trying to fix it. Also, flushing wipes down the toilet is not eco-friendly.
There are a lot of baby wipes meant specifically for babies who have sensitive skin issues. You can try a bunch of them to see if they will work for you and your baby. You can also get some help from your pediatrician and dermatologist in that regard. Consulting them can help you find out if your baby’s skin sensitivity issue is being caused by the wipes or some other factors.
No! Do not use expired baby wipes or any other expired products for that matter on your baby. Whatever you do, always remember that babies are very fragile and can be adversely affected in the least expected ways. Always make sure you check the expiration date of the wipes before purchasing them to be certain they will not go bad before you use them.
Basically, all we have been trying to let you know through this article is to choose the safest and most effective wipes for your baby considering the contents of the wipes. You may have to spend a little bit of time researching the ingredients to make sure they are suitable enough for your little one and not harsh in any way. If you do not have the time for the required research, you can go ahead and pick any of the products on our list. They have been carefully researched and verified to be safe enough to be used on the skin of newborn babies.
Parenting is never an easy job, no matter how you approach it. It may even be a little scary, but you will soon come to realize that it is all worth it as time goes on. Our last and most important recommendation is to make it a point of duty to be cautious about every single product you buy for your baby from baby nail clippers to baby shoes and clothing.