Best Baby Sun Hat
Exposing your little one to the scorching summer sun is capable of damaging his delicate skin, but you can rely on the best baby sun hat to reduce its adverse effect. With the hat, your baby’s delicate head, neck, and shoulders will be protected from the sun’s ultraviolet rays. In addition to helping your baby stay safe, she will look adorable when she has the cute sun hat on. There’s no doubt that you want your baby to look gorgeous to become the center of attention.
However, with many different brands on the market, selecting the right hat for your little man will definitely be a herculean task. You do not have to sweat it, though, because we have done extensive research just to help you make the right choice. Therefore, if you were thinking of reading more articles on this topic, there would not be any need for that because this exhaustively researched guide is all you need to make the right pick. Now, let us get down to the nitty-gritty of today’s business.
How Did We Pick the Best Baby Sun Hat?
The main aim of our articles is to make the buying process for our readers as simple, comfortable and effective as possible.
Every review we create is the result of an intricate study of the market, and customer feedback analysis. You’ll always get an honest final verdict. Only after endless hours of research, and once we’re satisfied that we’ve found the best products, do we then add them to our review list for your consideration.
We hope that you enjoy your purchase. If you found this article useful — please share it with your friends. Follow us on social media to stay up to date with more of the best online product reviews.
Why It is Better?
- Why Do You Need a Baby Sun Hat?
- How to Pick the Right Baby Sun Hat
- Top 5 Best Baby Sun Hats
- 1. i play. by green sprouts Baby Girls Sun Hat
- 2. i play. by green sprouts Baby Girls’ Brim Hat
- 3. Durio Baby Sun Hat Summer Beach
- 4. Baby Sun Hat Adjustable
- 5. Home Prefer Kids UPF50+ Safari Sun Hat
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why Do You Need a Baby Sun Hat?
Just before we unveil the list we have compiled for you, it is crucial you understand why you need the baby sun hat. By understanding why you need the fashion accessory, you will be more than convinced that your child needs it.
Protection from sunrays: When your baby’s delicate skin is exposed to the sun, ultraviolet rays will damage his skin layers. Some of the outcomes include redness of skin, hot skin, dehydration, pains, peeling, and the list goes on. Nevertheless, with the baby hat, you are sure that your little one is shielded from those harmful effects. Therefore, its UPF (ultraviolet protection factor) must be rated 50 and above, meaning that only 1/50th of the sunrays can only penetrate the hat.
Good looks: As a fashionable mom, you will certainly want your little one to look drop-dead gorgeous all the time. To achieve that, you have to start by gifting him a sun hat. Your little one is definitely going to look cute when he has baby sunglasses and a baby beach hat on. In the end, you will see people admiring your baby or wishing she were theirs.
Durability: Well, one of the benefits of getting the sun hats for your little one is that they are often durable. Made with long-lasting fabrics, you can always trust them to last for long. Along with being durable, you will get the real value for your money because they are water-resistant. With this, it is glaringly obvious that it is worth every dollar spent on it because you can pass it on to your next child.
Play support: When your baby is playing with this hat and it gets very dirty, you have nothing to worry about. The reason is that most of them are made with materials that support your baby’s play. In other words, you can easily wash it, and it dries out in no time. The moment it dries, your little one can wear it again without exposing his or her delicate head to sunrays for a long time.
Ease of maintenance: What’s more is that you do not have to spend hours washing the hat because it is easy to do that. All you have to use to clean it is clean water and soap. Alternatively, you can use machine washing because it is machine washable as well. In a matter of minutes, you are done washing and drying it.
How to Pick the Right Baby Sun Hat
Now that you know the reasons to get the best baby sun hat, we will show you the factors to look out for in your preferred hat. It is crucial to point out that those factors shaped our choices in the course of compiling our top 5 list.
- UPF Protection: As you already know, one of the most crucial functions of the hat is keeping your little one protected from the harsh effects of the sun. You see, a sun hat that has a 50+ level will certainly shield your little one from sunburn. More importantly, you should avoid any hats that do not have a UPF rating as they may not protect your child’s skin against ultraviolet radiation.
- Chinstraps: While going for the right sun hat, you must consider the chinstraps before placing an order for one. Just keep in mind that most babies will not keep their hat on voluntarily. The function of the chinstrap is to ensure that his hat remains in place regardless of strong winds that may likely blow it away. Some chinstraps are also removable, which makes it perfect for babies who have pet aversion for straps.
- Airflow: One of the factors that you must never relegate to the background when you want to buy your child a sun hat is airflow. More often than not, your little one becomes sweaty and hot after wearing those hats for long hours in summertime at the beach. To avert that, ensure that the hat has an adequate airflow or remove it occasionally. When you do that, you are preventing periodic sweat buildup inside your little one’s hat.
- Fabric: To be frank, it is a huge mistake if you do not find out the fabric your preferred hat uses before buying it. Keep in mind that high-quality or inferior hats depend largely on materials. You should opt for materials that are made of 100% polyester, nylon, or cotton because it is lightweight and sturdy. Therefore, you should end your search for the right sun hat if you stumble into those that meet this specification.
- Wide Brim: Now that your mind is made up about getting him the cute sun hat to shield sunrays, take a little more step by ensuring that the brim protects the eyes and face. Just as you are making effort to protect those important parts of the body, do not fail to extend it to the neck and head. With a wide brim, you do not have to worry because other parts of the body will be protected.
- Brand: You considered brand when you bought your baby travel system, didn’t you? Believe it or not, you have to keep brand in mind here because some companies are reputed for making very effective, long-lasting hats. When you buy from them, you can be sure that their products took most of the factors we listed here into consideration. Some of these brands are Durio, Exemaba, Home Prefer, etc.
- Style: If you are a trendy parent, style must always matter to you because you would want the world to see your little one as your true reflection. In that case, ensure that you prioritize style. Note that sun hats transcend protection against sunrays because fashionistas are always seeing it from the fashion lens. Therefore, you should take advantage of the stylish fabrics that the beautiful hats bring to your baby.
- Neck flap: You have made his summertime worth the while by gifting him baby bike trailer and baby backpack carrier, but your baby’s happiness may be incomplete without the sun hat. Nevertheless, you just have to consider the neck flap before placing that order. A neck flap is particularly crucial because some of the hats on the market are not designed to protect your child’s neck and upper back. This is the number one cause of sunburns.
- Adjustability: If you must get the value for your hard-earned money, you should go for those that are adjustable. While a number of them have an age specification between 6-18 months, buying the adjustable ones are your best bet because it is almost impossible for get hats that fit those kids. With a drawstring that comes with adjustable hats, users can either tighten or loosen them.
Top 5 Best Baby Sun Hats
1. i play. by green sprouts Baby Girls Sun Hat Review
We Don’t Like
Like mothers who prioritize their baby protection, this is the perfect hat for your child if you need a UPF 50+ material. If your little one gets it wet, it dries up in no time to support his play. With the adjustable toggle that comes with this hat, you can pass it from one child to the next. No doubt, this is a plus! In an effort to make sure that your favorite sun hat is durable, it is made of 100% polyester.
If you love it when your baby appears very simple, you should go for this hat because it redefines simplicity. Feel free to complement your baby life jacket with this simple but beautiful sun hat to unleash the fashion icon in him. What color catches your fancy? It does not matter because this hat has many color options including aqua, orange, lavender, royal blue, white, gray, hot pink, etc. If you are on a budget, you do not have to sweat because it is affordable.
2. i play. by green sprouts Baby Girls’ Brim Hat
We Don’t Like
Do you need a sun hat that gives maximum protection to your little one? If yes, this is the right one for you. You see, this hat stands out because it has a gray color that reduces the impact of sunrays on your baby. On top of that, it is made of a UPF 50+ polyester material. The union of these two features ensures that your little one stays protected. Your baby will feel very comfortable in it because it is lightweight and has a wicking liner.
When it comes to durability, this hat does not lag behind because polyester is a long-lasting material. Sure, you may have bought an outdoor baby swing for your little man, but you can make him even happier when you gift him this gray hat to protect him from the sun’s ultraviolet radiation. That way, he will enjoy the outdoor swing much more. With the strap that comes with the hat, it stays firm in your baby’s head. Try it!
3. Durio Baby Sun Hat Summer Beach Review
We Don’t Like
Here comes that beach stuff for babies that every loving mother should get her baby. You may be wondering why that is. Wonder no more! You see, this hat stands out from the rest because it is beautiful thanks to its decorative designs. It comes in multiple colors, meaning that it has awe-inspiring designs decorated in alluring colors. Made of 100% cotton and polyester fabrics, this is a sun hat that assure you of durability.
With the adjustable chinstrap, kids of many different age brackets can wear it. That is not all the goodies to it because it is very lightweight and breathable. Concerning its capability to protect the wearer, this unique sun hat can shield your baby from both UVA and UVB thanks to its UPF 50+ specification. The wide brim makes it a cut above the rest as far as protection from sunrays is concerned. It is easy to fold, travel with, and store. With all of these goodies and more, it is a must-buy! Give it a shot.
4. Baby Sun Hat Adjustable Review
We Don’t Like
Buying the best baby sun hats may be very difficult, but you will find that much harder if you are not good at measurements. That’s because you may have to measure your baby’s head to find the right sun hat for him. Nonetheless, here comes the solution. It fits babies of all age brackets thanks to the detachable and adjustable chinstraps. With a detachable chinstrap, you may remove it if it makes your baby uncomfortable.
Besides that, it has many different designs, ensuring that every parent or kid gets just what they want. If you are a classic parent, you can imagine how cute your little one will be chilling in a baby beach tent with this hat on. In fact, you do not have to imagine any longer because you can go ahead and place an order now. With that combination, you have a cute child on the beach who is protected from sunrays. We must not fail to state that it is affordable, which makes it a must-buy.
5. Home Prefer Kids UPF50+ Safari Sun Hat Review
We Don’t Like
You can never go wrong if you settle for this on your quest to buy an easy-to-maintain hat. It snagged that spot on this list because it takes absolutely nothing to wash it. You see, you can either hand wash or machine-wash it. With respect to hand washing, you will merely apply some clean water and soap and dry it afterwards. Despite being the easiest to maintain here, other features also earned it one of the best baby sun hats.
For instance, it has a beautiful design and look. It does not end there because it meets the standard for protecting your little one from the harsh effects of UV rays. Just to fit a sizeable number of children, it has a chinstrap that you can adjust any length of your choice. It is ideal for going to safari, beaches, boating, and camping. Being breathable and lightweight, your little one can wear it for long hours any time, any day. This is a unisex sun hat with many different colors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions about these sun hats. To be precise, the answers to the questions will help to clear all the doubts you may have in mind. Let’s get started.
This is one question that many new mothers want to ask, especially if the baby is their first. The short and simple answer is that your child needs a sun hat because their skin is still very delicate and exposed to sunlight. When the harmful UV radiation gets into your baby’s skin, it leads to sunburn. If that is not checked, prolonged exposure to the sun may result in cancer.
Yes, you can, but you should not do that. The reason is that unlike the regular hat, the sun hat is designed to provide protection against the sun. In other words, you can rely on the sun hat to guard your child against UV rays, but that is not the case with the regular hats. Given the delicate nature of your baby’s skin, the ultraviolet radiations are likely going to harm him or her.
First and foremost, you must buy your little buddy a good UPF-rated sun hat. Afterward, you may add sunscreen to provide additional protection against the sun’s harmful effects. When you do that, you are automatically blocking the impact of the sun on your child by 98 percent. This means that your baby is safe.
Well, you should only use that on one condition: It must have a very large brim to shade the user from the sunrays. In short, standard materials rated UPF 50+ should be used to make the bucket hat for it to be considered effective. If you stumble into any bucket hats that satisfied such requirements, you should not hesitate to buy them.
You can measure your baby’s head using a measuring tape and measure their forehead as well. You may settle for the sun hat that is a bit bigger than your baby’s head. This makes perfect sense because your little one can wear it for a long time, and you can pass it on to your next child. While it may be too big initially, you have a chinstrap to make the chinstrap fit in perfectly.
Finally, we are on a cloud nine that you made it to the end. The journey has truly been worthwhile. Seeing kids in infant bicycle carriers with their sun hats on is a beautiful sight. If you have not decided on the type to buy for your little one, you just have to start from a sun hat. This is good advice because it serves as a lifeguard and improves your baby’s outward appearance. In regards to looks, every parent wants people to admire their newborns, toddlers, and infants. In this informative guide, we have given you the necessary information you need to get the best product from the market.
As a result, you do not have to go reading more articles because we have thoroughly dissected the subject. Just make a pick from the list above after going over the features, product description, pros, and cons. In addition to that, notice that every product is best for something. This simply means that the overall “best” is their most striking feature. Have you made up your mind on the sun hat to go for yet? If yes, just select one from the list. More importantly, share this review with your family and friends. Lastly, protect your baby and make them happier by ordering one now!