Nowadays, parents have not only realized the benefits of cycling, but they are turning to the best baby bike trailer to bring their little ones along while they do it. The bicycle trailer helps the little ones to see the world when their parents tote it with their bikes and ride around the neighborhood, park, etc. Without a doubt, it will leave your baby with some parent-baby adventures that he will always cherish. Fascinatingly enough, some of the bike trailers have enough room for more than a kid to share the great moments, thus ensuring that they are not left at the mercy of some strange nanny.
You have probably gone through tons of online weeds looking for the right read that addresses all the possible concerns you have about the product without getting what you want. Well, we assure you that this well-researched guide will give you the best possible answers you seek. In the end, you will not have to read any other articles on this topic before buying a bike carriage for your little kid. Just go take some time to go through this unbiased review and you will gladly make a pick from the quality product list.
How Did We Pick the Best Baby Backpack Carrier?
The main aim of our articles is to make the buying process for our readers as simple, comfortable and effective as possible.
Every review we create is the result of an intricate study of the market, and customer feedback analysis. You’ll always get an honest final verdict. Only after endless hours of research, and once we’re satisfied that we’ve found the best products, do we then add them to our review list for your consideration.
We hope that you enjoy your purchase. If you found this article useful — please share it with your friends. Follow us on social media to stay up to date with more of the best online product reviews.
Why It is Better?
- Why Do You Need a Baby Bike Trailer?
- How to Pick the Right Baby Bike Trailer
- Top 5 Best Baby Bike Trailers
- 1. Instep Bike Trailer for Kids
- 2. Deluxe Steel Child Trailer
- 3. Schwinn Joyrider Echo and Trailblazer Bike Trailer for Kids
- 4. Burley Bee Child Trailer
- 5. Burley D’Lite X 2 Seat Kids Bike Trailer & Stroller
- Types of Baby Bike Trailers
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why Do You Need a Baby Bike Trailer?
With respect to what it means, a baby bike trailer is a trailer that a biker attaches to their bike’s frame or rear axle just to drag the latter along. Made of sturdy and durable construction, most baby trailers use fabrics with zippered enclosures. If you are a parent who loves to ride bikes, you can have your baby in the trailer while you cycle around less busy streets. In the United States, the ASTM International defines the safety requirements of the bike trailers. Why do you need the bike trailer? Well, we will discuss that in a moment.
Fun: There are parents who have cycling routines and cannot afford to leave their little ones at home when they go on the ride. With the bicycle trailer, all they have to do is tote their bike trailer to their bikes and off they go! While the parent is busy cycling, the little one will be enjoying the ride. Oftentimes, these kids bring along their books, music players, toys, and snacks while their parents do all the work.
Multipurpose use: If you think that you are just buying an infant bicycle trailer to attach it to your bike, you had better think again! The reasoning behind this is that you can convert it into a stroller of a baby travel system or even a jogger, reflecting its multipurpose uses. Now you can see that you are getting the real value for your hard-earned money, can’t you? No doubt, that’s the way the cookie crumbles!
Multiple users: Why would you buy just one of your little ones a baby sun hat instead of getting something that both of them can enjoy? Two kids can relax in the double bicycle trailer while you cycle them round the relatively cool street. This means that you do not have to buy one for each of them or compel them to ride with you in turns. Yes, both of them can join you on the cruise, making the experience worth the while.
Safety: Another reason you should gift your little man the baby trailer is that he is safe in it. You see, you do not have to worry that he may tip over from the bicycle trailer because he is buckled and sitting comfortably in it. What’s more is that he is shielded from negative atmospheric elements (sun, rain, and wind). In addition to that, it is spacious and well-built, thus making the safety of your kids a guarantee.
Reduced driving: With your kid bike trailer, you know for sure that you are going to ditch the car. This means that you are not going to cause more air pollution, contribute to traffic congestion, and spend hours in holdups. Moreover, you do not have to fuel your bicycle before you using it, making it much better for running errands than your regular cars.
How to Pick the Right Baby Bike Trailer
Moving on, the next stop is making the decision to pick the best bike trailer for your kid. However, you have to consider many factors before making that decision. Keep in mind that those factors influenced our choice in compiling the most suitable products on the market for you. Now, let’s walk you through them one after another.
- Size: Before you buy your preferred bike trailer, you should find out its correct size because they come in different sizes. The factors that determine the right size for you include the number of children you plan to ride with, how long you want to use the bicycle trailer as your children grow, and the size of the load you wish to carry with it. Note that even if a trailer has a spacious cabin, the weight capacity, headspace, and shoulder room may vary.
- Seat Type: Another factor you have consider is the seat type. There are hammock-style and bench-style seats. Seat type is particularly important because you do not want to always turn around to yell at your bickering kids when you should be riding the bike. Sure, the type of seat determines how comfortable or otherwise your kids would be throughout the adventure.
- Brand: Just as you considered brand when you bought baby beach tent and baby sunglasses, you should also do the same here. Brand is of essence because some reputable companies in the industry ensure that their products are second to none. This means once you have them, most of the must-lookout-for features we are dissecting here are already factored in. Some leading brands are Instep, Allen Sports, Schwinn, Burley Design, etc.
- Folding and storage: Another factor that must matter to you is storage. You see, parents want to have a bicycle trailer that they can effortlessly fold and store in the car trunk or at home. The good thing is that most of the trailers on the market are foldable, making them very easy to store. Therefore, you should keep that in mind.
- Convenience: Being an athletic parent requires a lot of hard work. You would not want to expend a significant amount of energy on trivial things. As a result, ensure that your preferred bike trailer has features that make it very convenient to use. These could be its easy setup, storage compartments for holding items, etc. If it is convenient to use, you know that you (and your children) will enjoy using it.
- Safety: When it comes to children, safety is critical because they will find it difficult to maneuver their way out of road mishaps. Therefore, you should be on the lookout for infant bicycle carriers that have built-in safety features such as five-point harness, reflectors (not necessarily lights), and bright flag. Note that the reflectors should be on the wheels, front, and back. This is critical because you need other road users to be able to spot you regardless of their distance from you.
- Comfort: As we pointed out earlier, this whole experience is supposed to be fun for you and your kids. The features of these trailers make it comfortable for the user or otherwise. Some of them have adjustable suspension to make the experience worth the while. Therefore, you should search for features that your kids will fall in love with.
- Affordability: If you are in a budget, your kids deserve some happiness just like their mates. In that case, you have to consider an affordable bike trailer for baby. The good thing is that most of the products out there are budget-friendly, making them a must-buy. The truth of the matter is that some bicycle trailers with cutting-edge features are more likely to cost more than very simple-looking infant bicycle trailers.
Top 5 Best Baby Bike Trailers
1. Instep Bike Trailer for Kids Review
Easy to assemble
We Don’t Like
If you need the best baby bike trailer out there, you have one in this bicycle trailer from Instep. It looks amazingly simple but durable, offering some of the most sought-after features. On top of that, your kids get to enjoy maximum protection from this trailer thanks to the 5-point harness and safety flag. Another key feature that protects your little ones is the 2-in-1 canopy that features a big screen and weather shield with a rear-view vent window. Your little ones have enough space to play games and enjoy their snacks while you cruise around the neighborhood.
With its pneumatic tires with molded rims, the Instep Bike Trailer guarantees good performance every inch of the ride. Coming to ventilation, your children will be relaxed because there is enough room for that. The quick-release wheel plays a pivotal role in storage and transport, not to mention that its folding-frame design makes it easy to assemble. With all of these astonishing features and lots of others, this is a must-buy!
2. Deluxe Steel Child Trailer Review
Easy to assemble
We Don’t Like
If durability is the most crucial thing that you desire in your best bike trailer for baby, then search no further. The reason is that this product fits that description. First and foremost, it can safely transport two kids, allowing them enjoy that much-needed ride with you. The foot guard tube also protects the rider’s feet. In addition to those, you have to ride it with its safety flag, which ensures that other road users do not strike you.
It comes with a lifetime warranty, thus making it a must-have. It also delivers a lightweight steel construction with super-durable, quick-release steel wheels. Those wheels and its construction mirror nothing but durability. Hence, it snagged a spot on this list as the best for durability. In addition to durability, the trailer maker did a good job at its ease of use. Its quick-release wheels make it easy to use and store it in your trunk whenever you like.
3. Schwinn Joyrider Echo and Trailblazer Bike Trailer for Kids Review
Easy to assemble
We Don’t Like
If you need your two kids to join you whenever you go cycling, this premium bike trailer guarantees you that. In fact, it made this list because of the astonishing features it has in store for you and your little riders. However, the most captivating feature is that it doubles as a trailer and stroller, thus earning the position of a multipurpose machine. When it comes to convenience, Schwinn obviously did their homework thanks to handy stroller kit.
It has a big canopy with a bug screen and weather shield to ensure that your kids are well-protected throughout the cruise. With its air-filled tires molded with rims, it will definitely take that fun-filled adventure to a completely new level. We must not fail to mention that its universal coupler attaches easily to any bicycle. A review of long-lasting baby bike trailers will certainly remain incomplete with this product making the list thanks to its durable steel frame construction. So, give it a shot now!
4. Burley Bee Child Trailer Review
Easy to assemble
We Don’t Like
You cannot be wrong if you consider this easy-to-use bicycle trailer your best bike trailer for kids. The reason is that there are features that earned it that spot on this list. Indeed, Burley has done a great job as far as safety is concerned because it has reflective piping, neon orange safety flag, and wheel reflectors. All of these features work seamlessly to ensure that your little riders stay safe. While the construction may not be the best concerning durability, this bicycle trailer does not lag behind others in that aspect.
Besides, the hammock-styled seat ensures that your little babies are extremely comfortable whenever you people are out riding and spending quality time together. Regarding convenience, you can easily fold it flat and dump it in your trunk. Just when you have bought him the much-awaited baby life jacket and baby backpack carrier, it is time to make him even happier by riding him along whenever you go cycling. This bike trailer enables you to do that.
5. Burley D’Lite X 2 Seat Kids Bike Trailer & Stroller Review
Easy to assemble
We Don’t Like
Comfort comes at a cost, but the comfort this bike trailer offers is worth it. Meet this premium bike trailer from Burley Design. Let’s start its review from the fact that it serves as a bike trailer and stroller. The ergonomic handlebar doubles as an additional roll bar. It comes with waterproof cover and zipper that shield users from negative atmospheric effects. What’s more is that users get UV protection and panoramic viewing pleasure when they relax in its padded seat thanks to its full-length tinted side windows.
Just to be sure that your little riders stay protected throughout the cruise, it has built-in integrated reflectors. We must not fail to mention its seat pads that are engineered to take your comfort to the next frontier. Understandably, you have probably bought your little one the outdoor baby swing and other beach stuff for babies. Now, telling your kid that he is priceless is not enough. However, you can put your money where your mouth is by gifting him this best-in-class bicycle trailer!
Types of Baby Bike Trailers
Having come to this point, we will progress to the different types of baby bike carriage out there.
Single bike trailers: From the sound of its name, it is not difficult to grasp that it can only carry one rider at a time. Despite that, you will certainly have a great time when you ride it through difficult terrain and sidewalks thanks to its built-in features that make this possible. In addition to that, you get safety features such as 5-point harness, reflectors, and safety flag. Lastly, it is easy to use, compact, roomy, and budget-friendly.
Double bike trailers: While double bike trailers share some striking similarities with the single trailer option, the disparities stem from the fact that the former is a bit roomier. Besides that, the double bike trailers are not ideal for riding on the sidewalks and heavy-traffic places. Given its spacious design, it logically means that passengers get enough space to relax. On the downside, it is a lot heavier and more expensive than the single bicycle trailers.
Convertible bike trailers: Feel free to call this the 3-in-1 bike trailer because you can convert it into a jogger, and afterwards, make it a stroller. If you are a parent on a budget, you should opt for this type. It has three wheels, a main cabin, and a handlebar for the stroller mode. It is usually built for the family, but it is heavier than other types.
Bike-style trailer: When you saw a kid’s bike cut in half, you are not mistaken if you call it a bike-style trailer. Its saddle and rear wheel are always left behind in the cutoff design. It has fully functioning pedal and handlebar for maximum support. On the flipside, the rider must have some in-depth knowledge of bike riding to be stable on it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Just before you ask those frequently asked questions, you should relax because we already have the answers to them. Now, let’s set the ball rolling.
To be frank, the answer to this question is far from YES or NO. The reasoning is that parents will have to decide how much risk they are willing to take while riding with their babies. Nonetheless, bike trailers come with built-in features that ensure that your baby is safe throughout the adventure. If your little one has his helmet on and you do not over-speed in low-traffic areas, then he is perfectly safe.
It is in your best interest to allow your little baby develop strong muscular support for weight on his head before letting him into a bike trailer. The rule of thumb is, if your baby is capable of holding his head up for about two minutes or more without your support, it then means that his head is strong enough to withstand the weight of a helmet. For many kids, this happens at the age of 1 (one) and above.
The weight limit somewhat depends on the type you want buy. Notice that some of them are engineered to carry just one rider while others are made to carry two riders and other items. Put simply, bicycle trailers that fall into the latter category are more likely to be heaver. Regardless of what they are designed to carry, the bicycle trailers weigh between 85 and 125 pounds.
It is safe to assume that the bicycle trailer provides harness, reflectors, and safety flag, so they are enough to keep your little one safe. However, we strongly advise that you and your little one wear your crash helmets whether there is an existing law for that or not. As far as safety is concerned, you can never be excessively safety conscious. Therefore, your lives must matter to you
Whether your little one can do that or not usually depends on the dog in question. You see, dogs vary in sizes between small, medium and large. Research has shown that small dogs typically enjoy sitting next to their owners while they go on such rides. On the other side, the same cannot be said of medium and large-sized dogs because they find it very difficult to sit next to their owners and bask in the euphoria of that scenery-passing ride.
In conclusion, we can all agree on one thing: regardless of your child’s gender, they both need a bike trailer to enjoy that cycling with you. The good news is that we have taken our time to review the five leading products on the market with emphasis on why they stand out.
By now, you must have seen that the eye-popping features that made the #1 product the first among equals. Nevertheless, we are not limiting your choice to that alone because you are entitled to your choice. Just glance through the list and pick out the product that perfectly suits your lifestyle, as well as serves the purpose for which you intend to buy it.
Once again, safety should be your priority because children cannot help themselves in the event of an accident. The good thing is that we considered that before rounding up these premium products, so you should focus on some other factors. Once you settle for a product, make your baby fall in love with it. The fact of the matter is that they always do. With that being said, we have done all the work for you. On your part, just make a pick from the list above because it contains the best baby bike trailers on the market. You can make your baby happier when you buy it and take him on that adventurous ride. Therefore, you should wait no more!