If you are planning to have a great time with your baby this summer, you should get the best baby beach tent you can. Summer can be the most memorable times in our lives because we get to share some quality time with family, friends, and colleagues. Most times, people organize get-togethers at home, in parks, and at the beach. Under a good quality tent, your little one will enjoy the shade that they need to relax, play, nap, and do other fun stuff.
You certainly do not want your little one to get sunburn or overheat while enjoying himself with other families and fun-seekers. This means you need to go for a high-quality tent to make the most out of the summer. Now, you will be wondering how to do that; but you do not have to worry about it because this informative guide will help you. We assure you that there will be no need to read other articles on this subject when have read this well-researched review.
How Did We Pick the Best Baby Beach Tent?
The main aim of our articles is to make the buying process for our readers as simple, comfortable and effective as possible.
Every review we create is the result of an intricate study of the market, and customer feedback analysis. You’ll always get an honest final verdict. Only after endless hours of research, and once we’re satisfied that we’ve found the best products, do we then add them to our review list for your consideration.
We hope that you enjoy your purchase. If you found this article useful — please share it with your friends. Follow us on social media to stay up to date with more of the best online product reviews.
Why It is Better?
- Why Do You Need a Baby Beach Tent?
- How to Pick the Right Baby Beach Tent
- Top 5 Best Baby Beach Tents
- 1. Shade Shack Beach Tent Easy Automatic Instant Pop Up Camping Sun Shelter
- 2. AmazonBasics Pop-up Beach Tent Sun Shade Shelter
- 3. Schylling UV Play Shade
- 4. Monobeach Baby Beach Tent Pop Up
- 5. Overcrest Portable Pop Up Baby Beach Tent with UPF 50+ Sun Shade
- Sun Protection for Babies
- Tips for Using Beach Tents for Babies
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why Do You Need a Baby Beach Tent?
A baby beach tent is a shade set up on the beach to allow your baby to relax, eat, sleep, and play during a timeout at the beach. As well as using it on the beach, you can also set up a baby beach canopy in your backyard or any other part of your home during the summer. When you have done that, you can be sure that your little one is not missing out on anything as others are enjoying themselves. With that being said, we will discuss in detail why you should get one now for next summer.
- Sun protection: Your little one may always have a baby sun hat and baby sunglasses on, but these alone are not enough. The tent protects your pride and joy from the scorching sun. Keep in mind that a baby’s skin is delicate, meaning that it should not be exposed to the sun. A baby’s skin is delicate because it produces less melanin than an adult’s skin. Note that a tent can provide an extra 30-50 SPF (sun protection factor) as well as enough shade.
- Wind protection: Another reason you should get your little one a baby tent is to provide shelter from the wind. Out there at the beach, people can be exposed to strong winds – thanks to the sea breezes. Given your baby’s delicate skin, you need an effective windshield. These breezes will tend to dry out his skin. The beach tent will reduce the drying effect of the wind on his skin.
- Sand reduction: At any beach, you and your little one will have to deal with sand. It gets worse if you are a bit wet. Sadly, there is nothing you can do about it, especially if you keep moving around. However, the tent can help you when you have to deal with wind saturated with sand. This makes perfect sense when you want to change his diaper or at snack time.
- Insect avoidance: People often take tons of edibles to the beach, thus attracting insects. Insects are always attracted to food. However, you will not have to worry about that if you have a tent with a fully closable zipper. They may buzz around your baby’s beach tent but will not be able to get into it. This provides yet another reason why you need the beach canopy for a fun-filled picnic.
- Naps: Your little one will certainly need to get some sleep when you are all out there having a great time together. When he dozes off, you can let him rest safely in the tent, guaranteeing comfort, and security. This is far much better than having him sleep in an air-conditioned car without enough space to roll over. His comfort should matter to you.
How to Pick the Right Baby Beach Tent
Now that you know why you should buy a tent, you need to pay attention to some important points before placing an order. Doing so will help you to make an informed decision. Now, let us discuss them briefly.
- Ultraviolet (UV) protection: One of the factors you have to consider before buying a beach tent for baby is its capacity to protect against ultraviolet radiation. You should always look for a tent that has a UVP (ultraviolet protection) label on it. It shows that it is made of high-quality material and will protect your baby from the sun.
- Ease of use: Another factor you have to keep in mind is its ease of use. Most times, they are made of popup designs, which make them easy to set up and disassemble. You do not want to have a complicated tent that will require an engineering degree to use, do you? You should save yourself that stress.
- Ventilation: If you leave your little one in a confined space, you are potentially putting your child in danger. Therefore, you must buy a baby tent that allows for ventilation such that their comfort and safety are not compromised. Notice that tents meet the UVP standard, yet they leave users feeling hot all the time. On the other hand, we recommend those that have mesh panels for adequate airflow.
- Size: Just when you have bought an outdoor baby swing and baby backpack carrier, you should also know that your little one needs a baby tent for your picnic. However, you have to factor in the size of the tent because they come in different sizes. By and large, make sure that the tent you are opting for has enough room for at least one adult and a child. With that, you have enough space for breastfeeding and attend to other needs.
- Durability: Just as you consider durability when buying infant bicycle carriers, the same applies when ordering a beach tent because beaches can be the windiest places to visit. This means you will need a sturdy tent that can withstand strong winds and other environmental factors. More importantly, you should go for tents made of cotton because they tend to be stronger and breathable. Waterproof, nylon-made tents are also not a bad idea.
- Brand: The factors to consider before buying the right tent will remain incomplete if you do not consider brands. You see, choosing the right brand is critical because some companies are reputable for making products that will meet most of the features you are supposed to consider. They are known in the industry for making long-lasting and unique baby tents. These brands include Shade Shack, AmazonBasics, Schylling, Monobeach, and Overcrest, etc.
- Security: Baby tents come in many different designs and some have sandbags or pegs that secure the canopy. Either way, you should always keep these features in mind because you need it to remain stable in the wind and rain. Indeed, these external factors could just blow it away if it is not firmly fixed to the ground. With those features, you can be certain that your little one will not have a bad experience at the beach.
- Extra features: If you wish to get real value for your money, then you must keep your eyes on the extra goodies a baby tent has on offer. For instance, some of them have multiple mesh panels that allow for airflow. In a similar vein, companies are increasingly making those that have little kiddie pool inside of it. Whichever feature catches your fancy, you should just go for it!
Top 5 Best Baby Beach Tents
1. Shade Shack Beach Tent Easy Automatic Instant Pop Up Camping Sun Shelter Review
Easy to assemble
We Don’t Like
You have probably already gifted your baby an outdoor baby swing. Well, that is incomplete without the Shade Shack Beach tent. You need it for your exciting activities. It has many outstanding features that have earned it the spot on this list. First, it comes with 3 full walls, ensuring that its occupants are protected. With its zinc-coated polyester meeting the UPF30+ standard, you can be sure that your family will not have to worry about the sun’s rays. In fact, it prevents over 96% of ultraviolet light.
You may be wondering if it takes time to set it up. Guess what, it does not! It is designed in a way that it easily pops up whenever you want it set up. It is spacious enough for drinks, relaxation, and rest. With its no-floor feature, it can be used with cribs, packs, sandboxes, and pools. When it comes to stability, you do not have to worry because it has side sockets that firmly fix it to the ground.
2. AmazonBasics Pop-up Beach Tent Sun Shade Shelter Review
Easy to assemble
We Don’t Like
If you need a perfect tent for relaxing at the beach or the park, we can recommend this one for you. Made of nylon, this product stands out because it has most of the cool features you would expect in your ideal baby tent. You will notice that it has enough room for relaxation because it extends at the front, leaving you with more space. Still, it is very easy to set up, as all that is needed is to use its pop-up feature. With its side sandbag anchor, you don’t have to be worried that it may be blown away.
When it comes to getting adequate protection from the sun, you do not have to search elsewhere because this product provides just that. The large mesh window ensures that its occupants will never gasp for air. Do you need some beach stuff for babies? If yes, this is one of the best gifts out there. Being portable and lightweight, this tent is very easy to carry along. Without mincing words, it is a must-have.
3. Schylling UV Play Shade Review
Easy to assemble
We Don’t Like
In a market with loads of tents, this product stands out because it offers excellent security. In other words, one of the features that makes it a cut above the rest is its ability to withstand strong winds. So, feel free to set it up in your backyard, it the park or at the beach. With the pegs and sand pockets that fix it to the ground, it has the strength it needs. More importantly, it has topnotch ultraviolet ray protection. This means that you do not have to worry that the sun could harm your little one.
As for setting it up, it is as easy as ABC because it pops up in a split second. As a product that ships with a carry bag, it sends the signal that you can easily carry it anywhere you go. Just when you have bought your baby travel system, shampoo, and baby bike trailer, keep in mind that your purchases remain incomplete without this durable baby tent. Try it!
4. Monobeach Baby Beach Tent Pop Up Review
Easy to assemble
We Don’t Like
Here comes one of the baby beach tents that brings innovation to your beach hangouts. This explains why it snagged the spot as the tent that gives you the best value for your hard-earned dollars. Let’s start with having a standard UVR protection rating, ensuring that the sun can never harm your little one. What’s more, it is specifically designed for both indoor and outdoor use. A quick look at the material shows that it is durable. Yes, it really is!
Moving on, other features you will find interesting are the curtain, storage pocket, and especially, the Velcro, and two-way zipper. However, the baby pool is one of the most captivating features of this tent. You see, your little one does not have to play in the sea any longer because he can always have a swell time in the pool. With respect to the playground, it is spacious enough for you to feed your little one, for him to take a nap, etc. With all these superb features, it is a must-buy!
5. Overcrest Portable Pop Up Baby Beach Tent with UPF 50+ Sun Shade Review
Easy to assemble
We Don’t Like
This is one of the most sought-after tents for vacations, camping, cruises, parks, beaches, homes, and picnics. No doubt, you have to consider getting your lovely baby this tent because it is the most durable. With a high-quality 190T rating, you know that you will have no need to worry about any wear and tear. Moreover, it is a safe nylon material. Whenever you are buying baby items online, it is okay to order a baby life jacket and blanket. However, you will certainly have an incomplete cart if you do not add this product to it.
Without a doubt, gifting him this baby tent guarantees him a great sleep when you are out and about. This is one of the baby sun tents that caregivers depend on to keep their little ones protected from the sun. You will like that it takes no time to set up. In fact, that can be done in just 3 seconds. While many users complain of not being able to fold other tents, that is not the case with this one.
Sun Protection for Babies
With all the fun that comes with visiting the beach, your little one can be exposed to the harsh effects of the sun. One of the benefits you derive from using the best baby beach tent is that it keeps your little one safe from those risks. This is often the case when you go to the beach with your family in the summer.
There can be no doubt that ultraviolet radiation can be problematic, leading to sunburn and long-lasting damage to your baby’s delicate skin. If you can apply sun cream, that will go a long way toward preventing that devastating result. However, a good tent will offer much better protection.
Because families often go to the beach with their little ones, baby tent manufacturers are developing beach shells that guarantee security for babies. These offer 50+ to 80+ UV protection within its shade. On the other hand, if you feel that the tent may be too warm for your little one, you should consider buying one that has mesh windows.
The windows allow for proper ventilation while keeping sand at bay. Without mincing any words, you must carefully consider this feature before buying the right beach tent. You have nothing to worry about because most beaches allow fun seekers to pitch their baby sun tents.
Tips for Using Beach Tents for Babies
Before you buy the products, you have to keep these tips in mind:
- Always anchor it: Many tents come with sandbags anchor or pegs, so you should ensure that you use those. The reason is that the tent could either be blown away or collapse on the user. If either of these things happens, it’s never going to be good. If are not provided in the package, use some heavy objects on the corners of the tent and keep close tabs on them.
- Practice makes perfect: One of the major complaints that come with the beach tents is the difficulty of putting it up and taking it down again. Well, you can avert that when you take some time out to practice how to use it beforehand. The minute you receive your delivery, ensure that all the parts are included and kick off the rehearsal. You should learn how to use it before going to the beach (or anywhere) so you do not get frustrated.
- Ensure that air circulates: One of the things you ought to check whenever you set up the tent is adequate ventilation. If you do not do that, your little one can feel hot or overheat. To avert that, ensure that the mesh panels are open and they do not allow direct sunlight to reach your baby. If you intend to spend a long time in the sun, you should always check the position of the tent in relation to the sunlight from time to time.
- Always watch it: Furthermore, it is cool to set up your tent for your baby to take a nap while you catch up with an old friend. However, while you are at it, ensure that you closely monitor your child and the tent. Your baby’s safety must be your utmost priority whenever you go to the beach or park, so you should not leave a child unattended.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are you looking for the frequently asked questions about baby tents? If yes, you do not have to look any further.
Most users have complained that they find them challenging to use when it comes to folding and storage. In truth, folding the tent can be daunting if you have not tried it before. Some tents are more compact in design than others making them a lot more difficult to fold and store. However, you can overcome that hurdle when you practice before using it at the beach.
To fold it, you have to hold the tent to face away from you. Afterward, you have to rotate the tent and fold it into a circle. Lastly, pack it into the carry bag to keep it safe and prevent it from popping up again. No, you do not need to acquire a degree in engineering to able to do it.
It depends on where you intend to use it most. If you are going to use the tent mostly at the beach, you should go for one that offers full closure with mesh ventilation panels. On the other hand, you should opt for those with canopy-like designs if you wish to use it most at home or in your backyard. It is noteworthy that those that have full enclosure protect your little one from wind, sunlight, and other harmful elements.
Well, you should always keep an eye on your baby whenever he is in a tent. When babies are napping, some of them change from one sleeping position to another, which can knock over the tent if left unchecked. Additionally, ensure that it is properly ventilated and that the stakes are properly secure to the ground. Despite the effort that goes into setting up the tent, the most important thing is to supervise the baby in it.
Most times, the makers recommend that you use it for newborns, infants, and toddlers. Similarly, experts recommend that they ought to be used for children between 6 months and 3 years. However, this does not in any way suggest that can’t use it for children outside the recommended age bracket. Generally, the best bet is to be sure that it is safe to take your baby with you to the beach and always keep an eye on him whenever you are out there having a memorable time.
As a caring parent, you need to understand that you have a duty to spice up the time you spend with your little ones. One of the ways you can do that is by taking them to some fun spots with you. You should not leave them at the mercy of a nanny while the rest of the family has a great time at the beach, park, in the backyard, or elsewhere. All you need is this important baby accessory whenever you wish to spend some quality time with them. While you’re at it, ensure that you take note of every point we have raised in this well-researched review.
Picking the right tent for your little one may seem like a big challenge. Nevertheless, we have invested time, expertise, and resources in this guide to ameliorate your worries. To do your bit, just make a pick from the list of products that we have reviewed for you. You do not have to go looking for other articles to read because we have done it for you. Wait no more! Just buy one now!