Best Baby Mosquito Net
While baby mosquito netting might not be the first item on your list like baby wipes or a stroller when bringing your child home after a stressful labour period in hospital, it is actually vital if you want to ensure maximum health and happiness for your little one.
Mosquito bites cause no small amount of irritation, which can lead to excess scratching and damage to the skin’s surface. In a worst-case scenario, they can also lead to illness and disease. Neither one is a desirable outcome for your baby. This is why we want to help you find the best solution possible.
We spent long hours researching the best features to look for from some of the leading brands all over the world as we speak. We even singled out the five best options money can buy to make your selection process easier. It is now time to discover how you can safely protect your infant against mosquitos and general insect bites for total peace of mind both day and night.
How Did We Pick the Best Baby Mosquito Net?
The main aim of our articles is to make the buying process for our readers as simple, comfortable and effective as possible.
Every review we create is the result of an intricate study of the market, and customer feedback analysis. You’ll always get an honest final verdict. Only after endless hours of research, and once we’re satisfied that we’ve found the best products, do we then add them to our review list for your consideration.
We hope that you enjoy your purchase. If you found this article useful — please share it with your friends. Follow us on social media to stay up to date with more of the best online product reviews.
Why It is Better?
- Why Do You Need Babies Mosquito Net?
- How to Pick the Right Baby Mosquito Net
- Top 5 Best Baby Mosquito Nets
- 1. The Original Drawstring Baby Mosquito Net
- 2. Croc n Frog Mosquito Net for Baby Stroller
- 3. V-Fyee Mosquito and Bug Net for Baby Strollers Infant Carriers Car Seats Cradles
- 4. Nuby Pack N Play Universal Size Mosquito Net Tent
- 5. Sysmie 2 Pack Baby Mosquito Net for Strollers
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why Do You Need Babies Mosquito Net?
While buying all of the baby lotion, baby nail clippers, and baby shampoo when you have a newborn, it is easy to overlook a mosquito net and consider it to be unnecessary or completely optional. But this is not the case.
For an adult, a mosquito bite is an irritating and unpleasant experience. This is true even if the bite does not lead to some form of sickness too. Imagine being a tiny baby, however, and experiencing a rapid succession of irritating nibbles while trying to sleep throughout the day or at night. The irritation would be magnified. While an adult knows to apply ointment and not scratch the bite site, a baby does not possess such knowledge. This leads to lots of scratching and further irritation, which can easily result in infections and other forms of skin damage.
You also have to consider that mosquitos are anything but clean. You simply have no idea what they might be carrying. While any potential illness would likely be easy for an adult to shrug off, a baby is a completely different matter due to their developing immune system.
In short, your child is likely to suffer a great deal of irritation and discomfort and potentially even illness if you do not offer some kind of defensive barrier to shield them from these unwanted pests. This is where a babies mosquito net comes into play as the perfect solution.
You can opt for a crib- or stroller-mounted version. Both would be ideal for around-the-clock protection especially if you are in a high-traffic area for bugs. It simply does not make any sense to put your child at risk when you do not have to.
How to Pick the Right Baby Mosquito Net
In this section, we are going to cover all of the important features you need to compare when shopping for a product of this variety. Provided you keep your individual requirements and circumstances in mind while stacking these areas of comparison up against each other, you are sure to arrive at the end with the most effective netting solution for your child.
- Size: Every net model is completely different. Some will allow for a massive degree of flexibility and alteration, but you still need to get a good idea about which net is going to suit your particular item (be it a stroller or a crib) the best. Check for product dimensions and measure your intended usage location against them before hitting the buy button. It will save stress, time, and any unnecessary returns.
- Design: A mosquito net for stroller installation is completely different from a net designed for use with a crib. If you get the two mixed up, then your intended product simply will not fit your desired location effectively. Make sure that the design accommodates the specific location you want to use it in. Otherwise, you will be shopping twice.
- Safety: Relax, because generally speaking, you are never going to see a product on the shelves of any major retailer being sold for a baby that has not undergone rigorous testing and quality control. But if you are looking outside of the box to try and make some savings, then you need to be very astute. Check for any recommended by paediatricians or medical association badges or some kind of product guarantee if you are not buying an item from a well-known and reputable brand. The low cost of these items should mean that you are never paying a lot in the first place, however.
- Ease of installation: It is completely alright to turn around and say that you do not know how to do something. If the instructions manual for your intended netting system looks more like a physics textbook, then you might want to look elsewhere for something that is a little easier to work with. Try to look at the instructions online before buying to get a good idea before committing to a purchase. The net will be no good if you do not know how to use it after all.
- Is it machine washable? The vast majority of products within this category can luckily be machine washed, but this is not the case for all of them. Make sure that you check the cleaning instructions in advance of buying if you want to save yourself some serious hassle due to having to constantly wash your item by hand. If you are machine washing the net, be sure to use an effective baby laundry detergent to avoid any irritation when your infant touches the net.
- Materials used: Typically speaking, a net will be made out of polyester because this is both lightweight and hard wearing, meaning that it is durable enough to last for years. Regardless of the material used, however, these are the benefits that it needs to be able to offer if the item is going to be effective. The fabric used should also accommodate maximum ease of breathing while also ensuring that no pests are able to enter your child’s vicinity and deliver any nasty bites.
- Brands: You can opt to purchase a babies mosquito net from a highly reputable brand if you feel that it will give you total peace of mind. It is safe to say that well-respected brands do offer a great deal of quality assurance due to the fact that thousands of people are already using their products safely and effectively. The following manufacturers are known to be some of the market leaders for items in this category: Timbuktoo, Croc n Frog, Jeep, Sysmie, Nuby, V-Fyee, Chicco, Dr Brown’s, and Trademark. Any product produced by the above list of manufacturers is almost definitely guaranteed to meet your satisfaction expectations. Do not forget to combine your net with a high-quality mosquito repellent for babies too for maximum safety, as outlined in a separate post.
Top 5 Best Baby Mosquito Nets
In this section, we are going to present you with the five best options that money can currently buy so that you can quickly make a choice and start to offer maximum protection for your little one against bugs and bites. Every option here has been selected due to being the best for various different reasons. This means that absolutely anybody and everybody will be able to make a viable product choice.
1. The Original Drawstring Baby Mosquito Net Review
Easy to use
We Don’t Like
This lab-tested traditional net offers protection in pretty much any setting thanks to it being highly adjustable and fit for use with everything from car seats to strollers, cribs, and even twin strollers. It will suit pretty much any purpose. What is hugely impressive about this option is the number of holes per square inch it features. There are 1,000, which is roughly 700 more than many close competitors are offering. This is good because it keeps out even the tiniest of pests.
The lack of any complicated adjustments and the one-size-fits-all approach along with the low price make this an excellent value option all round. It also comes in a cute gift box, meaning that it is perfect for baby showers. If there is a downside here, it is simply that the material is fairly thin, which may make it slightly more susceptible to damage. With that said, even the most durable of nets are not indestructible, so this slight downside is not unique to this product alone.
2. Croc n Frog Mosquito Net for Baby Stroller Review
Easy to use
We Don’t Like
It is easily the best mosquito net for strollers or other large surface areas. This Croc N Frog offering has been optimised to protect your child in bigger settings while still being incredibly easy to use for a stress-free installation straight out of the box. One of the biggest problems when it comes to covering areas like playpens is sizing. Luckily, the creators of this net measured endlessly to find the perfect dimensions for the ideal size.
The material is lightweight and has enough holes integrated to block out the vast majority of potential interference from bugs and mosquitoes while also being durable. It comes with a money-back guarantee for peace of mind. If we could highlight a negative here, it would be the price as this product is a little more expensive than others available on the market. Additionally, it is not going to work as well as other nets with small carriers or car seats.
3. V-Fyee Mosquito and Bug Net for Baby Strollers Infant Carriers Car Seats Cradles
Easy to use
We Don’t Like
This highly convenient stroller-optimised net offers a really great value in a low-cost product that presents excellent levels of protection while being lightweight and highly breathable for maximum oxygen and total safety. It can sometimes be hard to find a net that will allow you to adequately outfit a larger item like a pram or carrier, but this product is easily the best babies mosquito net for installing on your infant’s “crib away from crib” thanks to its versatile design.
The polyester webbing is lightweight and provides maximum access to the air outside while featuring small enough holes that the majority of bugs will never be able to make it through and irritate your child. The negatives are that the material may not be as durable as on some other nets and that the hole count is not quite as high as the most premium offerings. Some tiny bugs may still make it through.
4. Nuby Pack N Play Universal Size Mosquito Net Tent Review
Easy to use
We Don’t Like
For those on a budget, this is the cheapest option available and offers massive value for anyone in need of a decent netting system to cover their baby’s playpen safely and effectively. The universal size makes it a breeze to use straight out of the box, and there are enough holes per square inch to ensure that all but the tiniest of bugs or creepy crawlers are kept away from your child for total peace of mind when you leave your baby to play.
There is an included storage bag so that you can neatly fold the net away when it is not needed, and the product guarantee offers amazing peace of mind for those who may have doubts about its effectiveness. The bad news is that this product is not going to work well with strollers or carriers as it has been optimised for use with playpens and play yards. Provided you are aware of that, this is an amazing specialized option to use in these settings.
5. Sysmie 2 Pack Baby Mosquito Net for Strollers Review
Easy to use
We Don’t Like
This product is actually an excellent value option due to it being a two pack, but the standout feature offered that truly makes it come into its own is the variety of net styles available. It is a welcome change from the traditional white. With an included guarantee and a 100% polyester build, you can trust this net to safely protect your child against insects without having to worry about sufficient access to outside air.
Because it is universally compatible, this net will easily fit over most large objects including carriers, strollers, and playpens. The unique variety of colors offered is what really sets this item apart from the crowd as you can add a little individuality to your child’s surroundings. The build quality may not offer the same number of holes per inch as competitors, and the universal fit means that it will not necessarily be a totally snug fit for all objects. But it is still a great choice for those wanting something a little different from the norm.
Frequently Asked Questions
We are now going to cover the five most frequently asked questions that prospective buyers have about mosquito nets for their infants. This will allow you to have total peace of mind before making a final product decision and should resolve any outstanding reservations you may have about these products in general.
Different designs require a different installation process, but usually, you will find that installation is made easier via stretchable elastic. You simply need to stretch the elastic around your intended location, and it will firmly grip into place.
Some other model varieties require clips or loops and have a canopy design. Always check the product specifications before buying one to get a solid idea about how to effectively use them.
Almost all baby nets are machine washable, which is a huge relief for those who do not have the time to wash things by hand! Some may require washing by hand, however. Always check the manufacturer guidelines to ensure that you know how to safely clean your product in advance.
The best nets are made from 100% polyester as this is both lightweight and totally breathable so that your baby can safely access plenty of air. Some other materials are available, but it is important that they offer these qualities for maximum efficiency.
It is safe to leave your baby for short periods if you are making use of a mosquito net with a playpen or stroller, but you should never leave your infant alone for an extended period of time to guarantee their safety. If the net came loose, it could be a potential choking hazard.
It is also important to consider that if your infant is making use of a baby security blanket, she or he may be susceptible to overheating if left under a net for long periods.
As long as they have been fitted correctly, baby mosquito nets are absolutely safe. They feature breathable material that allow your baby to freely access oxygen while protecting from potentially harmful bites and bug irritation in the process.
Although some consider this to be an entirely optional product, one simply has to apply a little logic to realise that nets are staple additions to your baby’s arsenal of gear. They are just as important as anything else we use to safeguard our babies’ health.
We apply baby lotion to protect against infection. We trim nails to stop our babies from scratching their skin and causing damage. We even get them the coolest new baby clothing so that they look as stylish as possible, and we buy trendy baby laundry hampers to put the cute outfits in when they are dirty.
When a mosquito bite cannot only create irritation to the skin but also lead to potentially serious illnesses and infections, why would you not secure some form of protection against this happening? If you can justify other purchases like a baby wipe warmer, you can certainly justify this one too. Select one of our top five products now and completely eliminate all of your bug-related concerns for good.