Today is all about baby bibs, or more specifically, helping you to find the best baby bibs available to provide your child with a rash-proof, mess-proof, comfortable, and cute option to reduce your day to day stress and keep your little one clean in the process. Because an infants’ skin is so susceptible to rashes and general discomfort, it’s important to make sure that you’re getting the right option to avoid the likelihood of irritation. Not only that, but it’s a well known fact that some babies are just messy.
So messy, in fact, that if there was an Olympic games category for making mess, they’d win the gold medal. That’s why we want to help you find a bib that’ll not only be comfortable for your child, but it’ll also withstand the level of mess they produce, too, no matter what level it is. Read on to find out everything you could ever need to know about how to effectively shop for the right baby bib for your infant. You don’t need to look anywhere else!
How Did We Pick the Best Baby Bibs?
The main aim of our articles is to make the buying process for our readers as simple, comfortable and effective as possible.
Every review we create is the result of an intricate study of the market, and customer feedback analysis. You’ll always get an honest final verdict. Only after endless hours of research, and once we’re satisfied that we’ve found the best products, do we then add them to our review list for your consideration.
We hope that you enjoy your purchase. If you found this article useful — please share it with your friends. Follow us on social media to stay up to date with more of the best online product reviews.
Why It is Better?
- Why Do You Need Baby Bibs?
- How to Pick the Right Baby Bib
- Top 5 Best Baby Bibs
- 1. Bumkins SuperBib
- 2. Simple Joys by Carter’s Baby Girls’ 7-Pack Teething Bibs
- 3. Luvable Friends Unisex Baby Cotton Terry Bibs
- 4. Bumkins Disney Mickey Mouse SuperBib
- 5. OXO Tot Roll-Up Bib 2 Pack
- Types of Baby Bibs
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why Do You Need Baby Bibs?
The reasons for purchasing a baby bib are diverse, but ultimately, it’s all about reducing mess. Whether it’s from food, drool, dirt, or usually a combination of all of them. This is why bibs for babies vary significantly in their designs and intended purposes. It’s important that a parent has the right bib to suit any situation since this will safeguard against everything from skin irritation to carpet stains.
Some babies produce a significant amount of drool. This can seem relatively harmless because it’s a completely normal bodily function. But this can become an unexpected issue when your infant starts to develop skin rashes due to excess moisture. Luckily, there are specific bib designs to support this.
Other babies seem to inexplicably manage to get three quarters of all of their meals on their clothing rather than in their mouths. This is when you need to call on additional assistance in the form of a silicone bib to help catch the mess as its being created. Other infants are simply capable of getting incredibly messy no matter what their surroundings are. This is when larger bib variants can be called upon to offer a high degree of protection against dirt that you can then easily remove and wash.
No matter what your child is like when it comes to mess, the bottom line is that there’s an effective bib option available to cater for them. What does this mean for you? Less washing, less damaged clothing that needs to be replaced, less bacteria being introduced to your baby’s skin, and less stress.
How to Pick the Right Baby Bib
This section is all about educating you on the various key points that you should compare in your search for the best baby bibs available. By weighing all of the following areas, you can establish whether or not a particular product is going to be right for your child as effectively as possible.
- Price: Don’t pay a premium for an unsuitable product! Some of the leading names in the baby clothing market know that they have a good reputation for producing everything from pullovers to bibs based on years worth of customer satisfaction. And sometimes, they exploit this massively. The right product is the product that meets your requirements the most effectively as opposed to being something created by a well-known name. Always compare every small detail because sometimes, the right option might be cheaper and created by a lesser known manufacturer.
- How big is it? Sometimes, bigger is better and smaller is smaller. It’s all about how much mess your child creates and how much protection you need to offer to make your life easier. It’s also about the circumstances that the bib is going to get used in. For meal and play times, you might need something big (whilst still being comfortable) that’ll catch every last crumb or speck of dirt. Equally, for periods of relaxation, something smaller and more compact would make sense for catching drool.
- Age: Not all bibs for babies are suitable for all age ranges. Though it’s a lovely thought, unfortunately, the level of mess your child produces often doesn’t reduce with age. In fact, it can often get worse. For this reason, different bibs are suitable for different ages, whether you have a newborn or toddler. This means that you can offer suitable dirt and grime protection regardless of their current level of development.
- Neck room: No two necks are the same, and it’s important to make sure that your baby has enough “breathing room” for this area of their body to avoid discomfort and skin rashes. Adjustable options allow you to fit the bib around your child’s neck very precisely, whereas other items offer little adjustment and need to be pulled over the head and roughly into place. Though this can also create added space for their neck, too. Go with what you believe will be the best fit.
- Level of comfort: Babies come in different shapes and sizes, and therefore so do baby bibs. You need to ensure that you select an option that’ll snugly fit your child’s frame without being too restrictive or too loose. It needs to stay on and sit closely enough to the body that it’ll catch any falling debris but also allow full movement.
- Style: It’s a smaller element on the scale of importance, but how your chosen bib looks and its design still matter if you’re going to seamlessly weave one of these products into your baby’s existing wardrobe. In short, you probably want your baby to look as good as possible in it, too. It’s not all about function, so make sure to search for products that offer protection against dirt and grime whilst also presenting you with a diverse array of pattern and color options. This way, you’re getting the best of all worlds.
- Material: Certain situations call for certain materials to be used, which is why most bib products are created using a variety of base fabrics and compounds to cater for a diverse array of requirements. Fabric-based bibs are useful for collecting moisture (drool for example) whereas silicon products are useful for collecting and deflecting solid debris in the form of large quantities of food. Consider when and how your child makes the most mess and choose accordingly.
- Waterproofing: If your child drools in large quantities or regularly spills drinks, then you’ll need a bib to tackle the problem. However, all usefulness will be rendered obsolete if your chosen product isn’t waterproof enough to withstand the onslaught. Make sure that your child’s bib is fully waterproof to avoid regular costly replacements of both the bib itself and the clothing underneath, which will sustain damage due to recurring dampness.
- Brands: Though a brand name isn’t always a guarantee of quality, the following manufacturers are known to produce efficient, safe items that you can place your full trust into: Bumkins, OXO, Luvable Friends, Gerber, Burt’s Bees, Neat Solutions, Nuby, and PandaEar. Any product purchased from the above list of manufacturers is sure to be met with full customer satisfaction.
Top 5 Best Baby Bibs
1. Bumkins SuperBib Review
Easy to clean
We Don’t Like
One of the best waterproof baby bibs and simply one of the best bibs for any parent looking for a good value, safe, and efficient option. The SuperBib does it all and does it well. The material used is hard-wearing yet incredibly light, and along with a fully adjustable neck piece, this means that your child won’t even know it’s on once you’ve secured it in place. The attached pouch at the bottom of each bib is also great for catching solid food or dirt debris.
There is a large array of quirky designs available to allow you to choose the right bib to best highlight your child’s personality, and as you can purchase this product either individually or in a pack of 3, you can save some money, too. The embedded TPU makes for an excellent waterproof capacity, and overall, the omission of BPA, PVC, and vinyl along with other potential irritants makes this an incredibly safe, durable product offering.
2. Simple Joys by Carter’s Baby Girls’ 7-Pack Teething Bibs Review
Easy to clean
We Don’t Like
Coming in a mega value 7-pack, this durable option for teething makes a fantastic choice for little females everywhere. Designed primarily to capture moisture, these fun teething-specific bibs feature quirky designs and an easy to use button clasp to secure them in place while still giving enough breathing room to allow for maximum comfort.
The three layer lining and waterproof barrier will ensure that your baby’s underlying clothing isn’t damaged and that the pack is likely to last for month after month of drool-laden use without needing to be replaced. Amongst waterproof baby bibs, this is an excellent high value option for girls that will meet the needs of pretty much any teething infant without breaking the bank, and safely, too.
3. Luvable Friends Unisex Baby Cotton Terry Bibs Review
Easy to clean
We Don’t Like
While not being the most diverse option on the market, this is certainly likely to be the cheapest for those wanting to save money while offering great drool protection for both boys and girls. As baby drool bibs go, the durability of the build quality on offer here holds up well against premium options due to the multi-layered fabric that’ll last a long time provided you take good care of it with regular washing and cleaning.
What makes this 10-pack stand out is the sheer quantity of bibs you’re getting for the incredibly low price tag. The colors on offer might not suit everyone’s preferences, but they’re neutral enough to be accessible to most, making this a very versatile product. The bad part? The bibs aren’t necessarily the most robust and long lasting versus others on the market and there isn’t much by the way of choice available concerning colors and patterns. For those that don’t require that, though, this is an excellent low cost choice.
4. Bumkins Disney Mickey Mouse SuperBib Review
Easy to clean
We Don’t Like
Another fantastic option from the top of the market manufacturer, Bumkins. These themed Disney bibs are a great way to protect your child whilst adorning them with their favorite characters from feature Disney films. They offer the same great protection from dirt and grime as the standard SuperBib, albeit with a much quirkier design that your baby will love.
It’s not all about Disney, either. This particular line features a massive array of different appearances covering everything from Wonder Woman to Batman and Superman. No matter what your child’s favorite character is, there’s a bib to cater for it. Because the original bib design is so versatile and will suit pretty much every circumstance, there’s almost nothing negative we can say. The enormous variety of designs on offer with this line make a great product even greater.
5. OXO Tot Roll-Up Bib 2 Pack Review
Easy to clean
We Don’t Like
Perhaps the ultimate premium option on the market, the robust build quality of this bib offers maximum protection from heavy duty spillage during meal times and has excellent longevity thanks to the silicone base material. Even though this is a silicone bib model, the upper half is made of fabric and features a strong adjustable strap that will allow for excellent levels of comfort around the neck despite being a “chunkier” option than others on the market.
Though the build type means that this isn’t the best bib option for a wide array of everyday situations, it’d be hard to find a more practical offering for use during eating times. It’s easy to wipe and clean thanks to the roll-up design, too. Though this is a more expensive set of bibs than many others out there, you’re very much getting what you pay for in the form of excellent quality.
Types of Baby Bibs
Even though we’ve signposted you to five of the best bibs money can buy, there are still many, many options available to look through in the pursuit of the most effective model to cater for the needs of your child. We’ll now give you an overview of the diverse array of model types available for purchase so that you can further explore the world of baby bibs.
- Plastic bibs: These bibs are made exclusively out of plastic and are usually used at meal times to catch food with.
- Short sleeve bibs: A wearable tshirt-like bib designed for maximum freedom of movement while still being adaptable enough to cater for most everyday situations, and made out of fabric.
- Bandana bibs: Excellent for catching drool, these small bibs are compact and sit comfortably around the neck.
- Smock bibs: These bib types are worn like a poncho and are a convenient hybrid between a top and a functional fabric bib for catching drool.
- Teething bibs: These fabric bibs have been created purely for supporting an optimal teething process and absorbing maximal amounts of drool.
- Extra coverage bibs: These bib types cater for extra messy babies, and cover the majority of the body with an apron-like design.
- Multi-use bibs: These bibs have been designed as an excellent do it all option that offer decent coverage for most messy situations.
Frequently Asked Questions
In this section, we’re going to provide you with a runthrough of five of the most commonly asked questions about baby bibs in conjunction with their answers so that you can go forward today with the total peace of mind you need to make a well-informed purchase.
Realistically, you’re probably going to need as many as you can get your hands on! Babies can go through bibs at much accelerated rate, so having as many spares as possible on hand just makes sense.
It’s not safe for a baby to wear a bib while they sleep due to the potential choking hazard.
Sometimes, it’s completely safe to bleach baby bibs. But this entirely depends on the manufacturer and model, so you’ve got to read the small print of your preferred option carefully.
It all depends on the situation! Plastic works great for removing food, whereas fabric options are always going to be more effective for absorbing drool. Shop to cater for any eventuality.
As soon as they need to! You know your child best, and as soon as your child starts to get messy during certain situations, whether it’s from food or drool, then it’s probably time to introduce a bib for them to use.
Now that you’ve read through to the end of the post, you have been imbued with all of the infinite wisdom you could ever need to make an effective choice when it comes to selecting the right bib model for your baby. No two infants are the same, so you’ve got to make sure that you’ve got the right bib variety to suit the situations where they’re going to be particularly messy and that the quality is high enough to withstand the level of sustained mess it’s going to face.
If you shop based on the key areas that we previously outlaid, then you’re guaranteed to select a safe and efficient option. Rather than pouring over the small details for hours, though, simply choose any of the items from our “top” list for hassle-free satisfaction. Choose one of our top five baby bibs today and take all of the stress out of meal and play time with a future free of dirty clothes and nasty rashes.